Distinguished Service in Study Abroad Programs Award
The H. Paul Roberts Award for Distinguished Service in Study Abroad Programs is awarded by the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources to recognize CANR faculty members and academic staff who give their time, energy and creativity to the development and implementation of Study Abroad programs that support the College’s and MSU’s commitment to providing students with high-quality international education opportunities.
This award, first presented in 2007 as the award for Distinguished Service in Study Abroad Programs, was renamed upon Paul’s retirement to recognize his many and distinctive contributions to the College’s Study Abroad program.
Nominees can include those with demonstrated longevity in CANR Study Abroad, emerging leaders in Study Abroad, or those who work “behind the scenes” to support CANR Study Abroad programs. In honor of both Paul and the recipient, this award carries a stipend.
This award will be presented at the Faculty & Staff Award Picnic on Wednesday, April 19, 2017.
Download and fill out a PDF application.
The recipient of this award will have demonstrated commitment and excellent service to CANR Study Abroad as evidenced by one or more of the following:
- Development and/or administration of one or more CANR Study Abroad programs
- Teaching on CANR Study Abroad programs
- Advising/preparation of students for study abroad
- Overall attention to high quality programming—including academic, intercultural, health and safety concerns
- Innovative programming
- Viability/sustainability of program(s)
- Support of CANR Study Abroad programs in general at the department, unit or college level
The completed nomination form should be submitted with a letter of nomination (of no more than two pages) in which the nominator provides evidence of the nominee’s outstanding contributions to CANR’s study abroad programs and its student participants (addressing the criteria above).
Additional supporting documentation may include any two (2) of the following, limited to two (2) pages each per additional document:
- additional letter of support
- personal statement from the nominee
- nominee’s CV
Please submit the nomination form and supporting document(s) electronically by March 15, 2017 to:
CANR Study Abroad Director