- Majors: The Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics offers bachelor's degrees in:
Our advisors are Ruthi Bloomfield (FIM) and Dale Elshoff (ABM and EEM).
Advising appointments are scheduled online (Chrome is preferred) and are generally 30 minutes. Watch this tutorial video on how to make an appointment.
- The Undergraduate Advising office is located in Justin S Morrill Hall of Agriculture, Room 1.
- Express Advising the first week of classes (Wednesday, August 31 - Wednesday, September 6). 9:00 am - 11:30 am and 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm. Regular Express Advising hours will resume Wednesday, September 13 (1:30 pm - 3:30 pm).
- Express Advising: Wednesday afternoons from 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm. Think of Express Advising as the 'Urgent care' of advising. These first come, first serve appointments are to address one topic or question that can be resolved in less than 15 minutes. Such topics include: schedule adjustments the first two weeks of classes; obtaining a list of suggested courses for no more than one semester. NOTE: If you are ever in a crisis situation and need to see someone right away, please come in.
- For overrides, please fill out this form to request an override. ABM, FIM and EEM courses only.
- For overrides for other courses outside the department, contact the department that offers the course. For instance, contact the Department of Fisheries and Wildlife for FW104.
Change your Major
- Freshman (less than 28 credits) - To request a major change, visit that advising office in any Neighborhood Engagement Center in person or complete this Online Form
- Sophomore (28 minimum credits), Junior or Senior - Major Change Form. If you have at least a 2.0 gpa and have the minimum number of credits, your major change should take effect within one business week. You should schedule a meeting with an ABM, EEM or FIM advisor for enrollment and graduation planning.
Undergraduate scholarships are available to students actively pursuing a degree in ABM, FIM and EEM. Scholarship applications will be available spring for the following academic year. Learn More.
MSU offers several study abroad opportunities. AFRE offers several Jake and Maxine Ferris Undergraduate Study Abroad scholarships which are available in the Fall (winter break and spring) and in the Spring (summer and fall). See the CANR page for complete study abroad opportunities.