Alumni Association Awards
Each year the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Alumni Association (CANRAA) recognizes outstanding contributions to Michigan State University (MSU), the College of Agriculture (CANR), the community, state and nation when it presents the CANRAA Honorary Alumni, Outstanding Alumni and Distinguished Faculty Awards at the ANR Week Luncheon.
Nomination forms are available here:
Want to see some past ANR Alumni Association Award Winners?Check out a list.
If you wish to nominate someone for the Distinguished Service Award go to: http://anrweek.canr.msu.edu/anr_week_luncheon/distinguished_service_award for more information.
Would you like to nominate someone? Please review the following suggestions while considering a nomination for one of the five ANR Alumni Association Awards.
AGRICULTURE & NATURAL RESOURCES ALUMNI ASSOCIATION AWARD CRITERIA
- The awards committee is looking for recipients based on their commitment to the land-grant mission of teaching, research and outreach activities.
- The committee will consider professional, community and MSU service in the selection process for all five awards.
- Nominees for each of the five CANRAA awards will be considered for three subsequent years. If not selected in the first year, those submitting a nomination will be given the opportunity to update the nomination form before consideration the second and third year. If a nominee is not selected within the three years, they will be removed from the nomination pool, but could be nominated again at a later time.
- Current faculty members should be nominated for the Distinguished Faculty Award. It is preferred that faculty members not be nominated for the Outstanding Alumnus or Honorary Alumnus awards. The nomination of a faculty member will not be disqualified; however preference will be given to non-faculty members for those two awards.
- Current board members cannot be nominated while they are serving on the CANRAA board.
- Letters of recommendation are important in the selection process. A maximum of four letters of support will be accepted for the nomination. These letters should come from people who can support the nominee’s activities in the various areas including MSU service, career information and community service.
- The awards selection committee structure will consist of four CANRAA board members, one ANR faculty or staff representative and the president-elect of the CANRAA board.
Nominations will remain confidential.