Draft Horse Basics: ANS 141
This is a 2 credit class available to all students.
Course Description: Safe handling, hitching, and driving of draft horses.
Contact Information: Cara O'Connor, instructor (email@example.com)
- Students will understand the history of draft horses and gain an appreciation of heavy horse conformation.
- Students will become familiar with safely handing draft horses.
- Students will learn the parts of the harness and equipment used in heavy horse operations.
- Students will learn how to properly hitch horses to specific pieces of equipment.
- Students will learn how to ground rive horses, drive singly or in a team
Ground driving3 abreast
Flora on the single cart
Flora trotting on the single cart. Small Animals Day
Students driving Greta and Coronel on the wagon.