Draft Horse Basics: ANS 141
This is a 2 credit class available to all students.
Safe handling, hitching, and driving of draft horses.
Cara Robison, instructor
- Students will understand the history of draft horses and gain an appreciation of heavy horse conformation.
- Students will become familiar with safely handing draft horses.
- Students will learn the parts of the harness and equipment used in heavy horse operations.
- Students will learn how to properly hitch horses to specific pieces of equipment.
- Students will learn how to ground rive horses, drive singly or in a team
Ground driving three abreast
Flora on the single cart
Flora trotting on the single cart.
Small Animals Day
Students driving Greta and Coronel on the wagon.
Great Lakes Fall 2007
Class Spring 2008