Animal Breeding, Statistical Genetics & Molecular Genetics
Visit a faculty member's profile page for more information about particular research programs:
- Coussens, Paul - molecular pathogenesis, immunobiology, functional genomics
- Ernst, Cathy - swine and bovine molecular genetics, growth biology, meat science
- Gondro, Cedric
- Huang, Wen - quantitative genetics, genomics, molecular genetics, bioinformatics
- Steibel, Juan - quantitative genetics, statistical genomics, pig breeding
- Templeman, Robert - biometry, livestock genetic evaluation, functional genomics
Areas of Research
- Nature, cause, and host response to infectious diseases in livestock species. Work often has biomedical implications, as well as relevance to animal health.
- Identification and evaluation of molecular markers and genes for genetic improvement, with emphasis on performance traits, carcass composition and meat quality.
- Development and application of quantitative methods that integrate multiple sources omics data to uncover the genetic control of phenotypic traits in animal species.
- Development and application of hierarchical statistical models to inferential problems in animal breeding and genetics.