Visit a faculty member's profile page for more information about particular research programs:
- Nielsen, Brian - equine exercise physiology, nutrition, athletic performance
- Improving the growth and development of the equine athlete, with special attention given to the prevention of musculoskeletal injuries. Research has been done not only with horses, but also with cattle and dogs.
- Effect of housing management on bone development in young horses, which has led to collaborative work in horse behavior and welfare.
- Nutritional studies, particularly in the area of mineral nutrition, with special emphasis on bio-available silicon supplementation and its influence on animal health.
- Special dietary needs of weanling and yearling horses in order to improve growth and prevent developmental orthopedic disorders.
- Use of various ergogenic agents on performance enhancement in equine athletes.