Graduate Student Organizations
Animal Science Graduate Student Association (ASGSA)
The ASGSA is open to all MSU graduate students registered in the Department of Animal Science. The objectives of the organization are to establish communication among graduate students and create channels of communication with the faculty and other parts of the university; and promote the academic, economic and social aims of both the Department of Animal Science and its graduate students. ASGSA has business meetings once a month during the academic year and sponsors a variety of social and professional activities over the course of the year.
- President - Kaitlyn Daza - Department Advisory Committee Rep - email@example.com
- Vice President - Katie Kennedy - COGS Rep - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary - Ashley Melnick - Graduate Student Affairs Committee Rep - email@example.com
- Treasurer - Kaitlyn Wurtz - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 11th Annual Animal Science Graduate Research Forum - October 27, 2016
- Apparel Sale - November 17-27, 2016
- 2nd Annual Animal Science Graduate Research Rodeo, Anthony Hall - March 7, 2017
Council of Graduate Students (COGS)
COGS is the official graduate student organization at Michigan State University with each department having a voting representative. The primary objective of COGS is improvement of the academic, social and economic position of graduate students at MSU. The organization has official delegates to the Graduate Council, the Academic Council and standing committees thereof, and several all-university and presidential committees. Through membership in these other bodies, COGS participates in decisions on such matters as tuition and fees, the grading system, traffic regulations, academic and extracurricular programs of the university, graduate assistant stipends, improvements in on- and off-campus student living conditions, academic freedom and responsibilities, student representation in university government and the selection of principal administrative officers.