Emerging Issues Committee
The Emerging Issues Committee (EIC) is crucial to CRIS’s success and will be comprised of scientific leaders from industry, academia, government and non-governmental organizations with relevant experience. The role of the EIC will be to serve as a scientific steering committee for CRIS. The EIC will set and prioritize short-term and long-term strategic and scientific objectives of importance in food and packaged goods ingredient safety.
Members of the EIC will be nominated or elected on a limited and rotating term basis ensuring that no one person or entity has undue influence over CRIS while also ensuring continuity. Twice yearly, EIC will meet to solicit, discuss and prioritize emerging issues.
Emerging Issues Committee Members
- Charlie Arnot
- CEO, Center for Food Integrity
- Patrizia Barone
- Regional Regulatory Affairs Vice President, Unilever
- Darrel Boverhoff
- Director, TERC, The Dow Chemical Company
- Sam Cohen
- Havlik-Wall Professor of Oncology, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Roger Lawrence
- Corporate Vice President, Global Quality & Regulatory, McCormick & Company, Inc.
- Jieun Lee
- Director, Global Scientific and Regulatory Affairs, Kellogg
- Tim Phillips
- Professor, Texas A&M University
- Joseph Scimeca
- Vice President, Global Regulatory and Scientific Affairs, Cargill, Inc.