Support Resources for Sexual Assault and Relationship Misconduct
CANR’s land-grant mission is about connecting with the people from different places, backgrounds and perspectives. Those relationships are built on trust. Our shared values of inclusion, dignity and respect inform what we do and how we behave as Spartans.
As a community, we strive to listen and respond to each other in ways that ensure dignity for all. We value the opinions and expertise of our students, faculty and staff to help improve our teaching, research and extension programs.
Don’t be afraid to share your voice, to ask questions, to be part of the broad conversations in regards to diversity and inclusion. Let’s be a part of making MSU better together. Read a message from CANR Dean Ron Hendrick.
- MSU: Our Commitment
- Healing Assistance Fund
- Title IX Reporting
- MSU Office of Institutional Equity Reporting
- MSU Safe Place
- MSU Sexual Assault Program (SAP)
- Advocacy services (offered to students and community members)
- Crisis intervention
- Individual counseling
- Support groups
- MSU Student Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence Prevention Program
Student Health & Wellness Programs
- Olin Primary Care
- Depression screening
- Medication management
- Primary care social worker
- MSU Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS) for Students
- Daily walk-in screenings and triage
- Individual counseling (typically short term)
- Support groups
- Referrals to campus and community providers
- Embedded social workers in East and South Neighborhoods
- International Student Support Program and SSP Mobile App
- Council of Graduate Students Wellness Resources
Not sure who to contact? The Office of the University Ombudsperson can assist students in resolving conflicts and is a confidential place to talk through specific student issues and concerns.
Individuals wishing to report an incident of relationship violence or sexual misconduct can complete the Office of Institutional Equity (OIE) online incident reporting form or contact OIE at (517) 353-3922, as well as MSU Police at (517) 355-2221.
Through the reporting process, individuals can request interim and protective measures, receive referrals to campus and community resources and request an investigation.
CANR faculty and staff should contact their chair or director first. The college also has a Relationship Violence and Sexual Misconduct Liaison.
CANR Relationship Violence and Sexual Misconduct Liaison
N. Suzanne Lang
Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs & Administration
Justin S. Morrill Hall of Agriculture
446 W Circle Dr. Room 102