—Fruit Farm production cashflow projector spreadsheet by Penn State Univ. edited by Stan Moore
—Fruit farm business analysis workbook
- Fruit Farm financial summary tool to prep for disaster loans - Farm financial business summary and analysis forms are now available for farms to download.
- Plum nursery mites and firing observed in tart cherry - Tart cherry growers may need to apply a miticide application to protect overwintering health of trees.
- Additional workshop on irrigation added to Viticulture Field Day, July 25 - Low cost irrigation of newly-planted vineyards workshop now added to the 23rd annual Viticulture Field Day
- Irrigating Michigan blueberries - Irrigated and unirrigated blueberries are showing signs of heat and drought stress.
- Increased populations of grasshoppers cause problems in fruit crops - Dry conditions in some areas of Michigan have sparked grasshopper problems in fruit orchards.
- Impact of heat, drought and related problems on Michigan’s blueberry and raspberry harvest - Hot and dry weather conditions occurring in Michigan during the 2012 season are no conducive for a “normal” small fruit harvest.
- Weather and pest problems plagued Michigan’s blueberries in 2012 - The 2012 blueberry season has been plagued with problems like no other in many years. Weather, pests and labor problems have seriously challenged Michigan’s blueberry industry, however, there are lessons we can learn from the situation.
- What to do with drought-stressed blueberries - Should growers cut back blueberries that appear to be dying from drought?
- Maintaining irrigation on Michigan blueberries - Strategies for irrigating under hot, dry conditions and limited water supplies.
- Impact of heat, drought and related problems on Michigan’s blueberry and raspberry harvest - Hot and dry weather conditions occurring in Michigan during the 2012 season are not conducive for a “normal” small fruit harvest.
- Drought symptoms in blueberries - Recognizing water stress in blueberries may allow you to recover without the loss of growth or crop this year and next.
- Counteracting adverse weather effects on deposition and degradation of insecticides used in berries - Michigan is in the middle of a period of extreme heat and drought that affects not only the crop physiology, but also the way insect pests respond to pesticides used.
- Is late season disease control needed in grapes? -The warm, dry season has kept fungal diseases in grapes at bay. Continue vineyard and weather monitoring and be ready to take action if rainy weather returns.
- What is evapotranspiration and why it matters - Under drought conditions, plants may not be able to extract water fast enough to keep up with evapotranspiration.