Thank you for choosing the Department of Entomology's Bug House. On a trip to the Bug House, your guide will introduce you to the fascinating world of insects. Each guide is a graduate student in the Department of Entomology and has a diverse knowledge of insects and the interesting things they do. Each guide's tour is slightly different depending on their particular area of interest and presentation style.
Bug House hours
The Bug House is open to the public during the following 2017 open houses:
- Summer Open House: Saturday, June 3 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Summer Open House: Sunday, June 18 from 1-4 p.m.
- Summer Open House: Saturday, July 15 from 1-4 p.m.
- Summer Open House: Saturday, Aug. 12 from 1-4 p.m.
- Fall Open House: Monday, Sept. 11 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Fall Open House: Monday, Oct. 9 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Halloween Open House: Sunday, Oct. 29 from 1-4 p.m.
- Winter Open House: Monday, Nov. 13 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Holiday Open House: Saturday, Dec. 30 from 1-4 p.m.
All other tours must be prearranged by reservation only. Tours are designed for all ages in groups of 30 or less. There is a fee associated with this program. To make a reservation, call the Entomology Business Office at 517-355-4662 or e-mail email@example.com.
The Bug House relies on fees for tours and events along with donations to cover our costs.
Bug House Tours - $50 for a 1 hour educational program with 2 guides -- limit 30 children/adults.
Special Open House Events for the General Public - (Halloween, Christmas, and summer events in June, July, August). Admission is free, but a donation is greatly appreciated.
We greatly appreciate your patronage and sincerely hope that you will continue to enjoy our outreach programs. Thank you for your support.
Where are we located?
The Bug House is located in rooms 146-147 of the Natural Science Building (click for map) on the Michigan State University campus.
Department of Entomology Bug House
Natural Science Building
288 Farm Lane Room 147
East Lansing, MI 48824