2015 USA Shooting Biennial Coach Conference
August 28, 2015 - August 30, 2015
Coach Conference 28-30 August
In past years attendance at the Biennial Coach Conference has been around 80-90 attendees. For many others this event is too expensive to travel to. Both time off from jobs /families and $cost. USAS wants all coaches that are interested to have access to the information presented at these Biennial Coach Conferences.
This year we will pilot the live coach conference broadcast to host sites around the country. The MSU Demmer Center will be a broadcast site for the conference. This will allow coaches the choice of traveling to a closer broadcast site that maybe in commuting distance which will reduce travel time and cost. We will still offer an opportunity to attend the live conference here at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. Registration fee is $170. If you like to register for the broadcast site at the Demmer Center, please register below and select the MSU Demmer Center in the drop down menu.
Registration will close on 20 July 2015
Here is the schedule for the Coach Conference:
- Conference will begin Friday at 1pm Mountain Time on 28 August
- Saturday 8am to 5pm Mountain Time
- Conference will end Sunday at Noon Mountain on 30 August
Tentative live presentations for 2015 Biennial Coach Conference and College
Keynote Speaker: Chris Snyder/USOC Coach Development on best practices for Coach Education
Other presentations: this is a tentative list
- Sports Psychology
- Resident Athlete Panel – what makes a good coach
- Paralympic shooting sports
- How to ensure parents become team members versus being to intimately involved in their child’s performance
- How European and Asian countries develop shooting talent
- Publicity and marketing
- How to apply and get into a service academy (shooting teams)
- Range development
- Fundraising 101
- USAS National Coaches Panel discussion - how to make a USAS team
- 501c3 application process for new clubs
- How to run competitions and use USAS Railstation
*Presentations are tentative and may change without notice.
You do not need to be an USAS member to attend the Coach Conference. You do have to be a USAS member to stay in the OTC dorms. There will be limited dorm rooms available on a first come first serve basis.
4830 East Jolly Road,
Lansing, Michigan 48910
MSU Demmer CenterGet Directions