AARP Transportation Forum East Lansing
Date: October 22, 2015
Time: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Location: East Lansing Hannah Community Center, 819 Abbot Road, East Lansing, MI 48823
Getting There: CAPITAL REGION TRANSPORTATION FORUM
We need your help to improve transportation options in the Greater Lansing area.The forum will examine the issue of transportation options in our region, including how to connect with current options and a discussion to determine transportation needs that are not being met. This event is free of charge to encourage residents, appointed and elected officials, and transportation officials to come together to participate in addressing this important community issue.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Community residents
- State and local government officials working in the areas of transportation, aging, and neighborhood services
- Elected local officials serving on councils representing constituents
- Transportation service providers (bus, taxi, and others)
- Neighborhood homeowners associations
- Anyone interested in transportation
AGENDA TO INCLUDE:
- The Importance of Transportation for Community Residents
- Transit Oriented Development
- Best Practices and the Founding
- Principles and Development of
- These Programs
- Regional Transit
- Is the Future Bright?
- Lansing Bus Rapid Transit
- Current Capital Regional
- Transportation Options
- Non-motorized Transportation
- Participant Discussion
Lunch will be provided.
For more information, contact Karen Kafantaris at 517-267-8916.
To register, please call 1-877-926-8300 on or before October 19.