Great Lakes Forage and Grazing Conference
Date: March 7, 2012 - March 8, 2012
Location: Great Lakes Forage and Grazing Conference Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center
A two-day event full of cutting edge programs and tradeshow displays on hay and silage production along with pasture based grazing management. Speakers include university researchers, innovative farmers and industry leaders from the Great Lakes Region.
Topics for Wednesday, March 7 (9 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.)
- Food & Agriculture – A Leader in Michigan’s Reinvention - MDARD Director Keith Creagh
- Improving Soil Health with Cover Crops - Joshua Dukart, Certified Educator of Holistic Management, Bismarck, North Dakota
- RFV vs. RFQ Feed Testing: Why It Matters - Dr. Michael Allen, MSU Animal Science
Topics for Thursday, March 8 (8 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Tallgrass MOB & Grass Fed Research - Dr. Jason Rowntree, MSU Animal Science Department
- Hay & Silage Markets in 2012 - Phil Kaatz, MSU Extension Forage Educator
- Grazing Stocker Cattle in Michigan - Lynn Gould, Clare County & Kevin Gould, MSU Extension Beef Educator
Complete registration instructions and schedule can be viewed at www.msue.msu.edu/osceola. Contact Jerry Lindquist at 231-832-6139 for more information.