LPI Competition-Related Event: AIA 2015 “Missing Middle” Housing Design Competition Awards Symposium
Date: June 23, 2015
Location: 2nd Floor, 1 Woodward Ave. Detroit, MI 48226
Time: 6-8 p.m.
Program is Free of Charge.
Join AIA Michigan, the Competition sponsors and attendees at the 2015 LOCUS Michigan Leadership Summit on Tuesday, Jun. 23, 2015, for the 2015 “Missing Middle” Housing Design Competition Awards Symposium where winning designs and designers will be recognized for their work. This international competition celebrates new and refreshing design ideas for housing solutions—with all design entries for use and implementation by all interested developer groups. This program is free and open to the public, and takes place from 6 p.m.-8 p.m., at the 2nd floor of the One Woodward Building in Detroit. Desserts and refreshments will be served during the symposium
The following organizations have come together to sponsor this Competition and help stimulate significant interest in this important design exploration. They include:
- AIA Michigan - A Society of the American Institute of Architects (AIA),
- Michigan State Housing Development Authority,
- MSU Land Policy Institute,
- Michigan Chapter of the Congress for the New Urbanism,
- Michigan Municipal League,
- Michigan Association of Planning,
- Michigan Historic Preservation Network,
- Habitat for Humanity of Michigan, and
- Community Economic Development Association of Michigan.