SPDC Students: Career Speed Networking
Date: March 27, 2014
Location: SPDC Students: Career Speed Networking Human Ecology Building, 552 W. Circle Drive, Room 300, East Lansing, MI 48824
On Thursday, March 27 from 2-4:30 p.m., the SPDC is also hosting a Career Speed Networking event for ALL its undergraduate and graduate students. Modeled on speed dating, students will have a chance to talk to up to seven organizations/firms about their profession. This event will take place in Room 300 in the Human Ecology Building at MSU in East Lansing. It is designed for students of all levels, from first year students wanted to learn about a career to those are about to graduate who are looking for a full-time job. Ways to network include:
- Those looking for an internship or full-time position may have the opportunity to meet with someone who may be hiring.
- Already have an internship or full-time job? Take advantage of this opportunity to learn more about other companies.
- Take advantage of an opportunity to learn more about what it is like to be a professional in a specific field or company.
- Talk to a professional outside your field to learn more about how the built environment comes together.
- Receive advice for your job search, long-term career goals, or just ask about things that interest you about a field or company.
- Receive feedback on your resume.
- Practice presenting yourself to professionals—a great way to prep for future interviews.
Several companies and firms will be in attendance for this event including:
Construction Management: The Christman Company, Dow Chemical Company, Erie Architectural Products of USA, Granger Construction, Ideal Contracting, JCI Facilities, Kelly Building Company, LeChase Construction Services, Lombardo Homes, Mark Adler Homes, Mayberry Homes, Meijer, MSU Physical Plant, Ram Construction Services, Robertson Brothers Construction, Sachse Construction, Skanska USA Building and Walbridge.
Interior Design: Berman Associations, Haworth, JCI Facilities and Meijer.
Landscape Architecture: DNR Parks and Recreation Division; Hortech; JCI Facilities; Nederveld; O’Boyle, Cowell, Blalock & Associates; and Three C’s Landscaping.
Urban & Regional Planning: CIB Planning; the City of East Lansing; the Genesee County Metropolitan Planning Commission; LSL Planning; Meridian Township; Nederveld; O’Boyle, Cowell, Blalock & Associates; and the Tri-County Regional Planning Commission.
This event is free and open to all SPDC students. Registration is required and is available online. Registration closes at noon on Monday, March 24, 2014. Those that participate in the networking event will also have an opportunity to engage and network with company/firm representatives at the SPDC Industry Seminar Series reception following the presentation by Jay Smith.