MSU College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
Justin S. Morrill Hall of Agriculture
446 W. Circle Drive
East Lansing, MI 48824
“Our Table” events and community engagement
- Sheril Kirshenbaum, “Our Table” moderator
- Sheril Kirshenbaum facilitates the discussion among panelists and audience members for Food@MSU's "Our Table" events. She also hosts WKAR's digital short and podcast series "Serving Up Science." In addition, she helps to brainstorm research and funding opportunities, and writes and speaks on food, its impact and issues surrounding it for various scientific publications, conferences and events.
- Abby Harper, MSU Extension Community Food Systems
- Abby Harper is MSU Extension’s Community Food Systems Educator for mid-Michigan, which includes Ingham, Eaton, Clinton, Ionia, Montcalm, and Gratiot counties. Her areas of focus include farm to school and farm to early care and education, local food policy councils, urban agriculture initiatives, food hubs, and racial equity in the food system.
Food Fellows, academic and research involvement
- Stephanie Vasko, Center for Interdisciplinarity, College of Arts and Letters
- Stephanie Vasko, Ph.D. collaboratively develops research protocols for working with Food@MSU, aids in designing/identifying funding programs and in-person events for researchers, connects researchers to the events and marketing teams, and aids the other Food@MSU sub-groups in integrating MSU researchers into events and programming. She also serves as the liaison between the College of Arts and Letters and Food@MSU.
- Alex Tekip, ANR Communications and Marketing
- Alex Tekip develops, facilitates and executes communications tasks and goals for Food@MSU, including brand strategy, projects, event planning, media and university outreach, and managing the campaign’s website and social media channels.
- Holly Whetstone, ANR Communications and Marketing
- Holly Whetstone works to help establish and direct strategy and execution of communications and marketing activities to meet the goals of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, MSU Extension and MSU AgBioResearch, including the Food@MSU initiative.