The Bachelor of Science degree educates forestry science professionals and is accredited by the Society of American Foresters. It integrates ecology, biology, economics and social science to help students solve some of the world’s most pressing natural resource, environmental and energy issues.
MSU graduates with the Bachelor of Science in Forestry have a wide range of career opportunities and have had outstanding success in securing positions in forestry.
From 2008 through spring 2016, the average placement rate of our graduates in forestry positions has been an extraordinary 95 percent.
Below is a list detailing the percentage of MSU Forestry Bachelor of Science graduates placed in forestry positions (by year):
- 2016 = 83.3% placement (60% reporting)
- 2015 = 86% placement (88% reporting)
- 2014 = 100% placement (100% reporting)
- 2013 = 89% placement (90% reporting)
- 2012 = 100% placement (100% reporting)
- 2011 = 100% placement (80% reporting)
- 2010 = 100% placement (100% reporting)
- 2009 = 100% placement (50% reporting)
- 2008 = 100% placement (63% reporting)