Jim Schneider advises all students majoring or interested in majoring in Fisheries and Wildlife, and students wanting to complete a Minor in Conservation Recreation and Environmental Enforcement or Marine Ecosystem Management. Mr. Schneider also assists with course overrides (FW courses only), approves substitutions, as well as coordinates the fisheries and wildlife internship program.
If you are not an MSU student and would like to meet with Mr. Schneider, please contact the Department of Fisheries and Wildlife's Undergraduate Advising Center at (517) 353-9091 to schedule an appointment.
MSU students are encouraged to use the Student Success Dashboard. The Dashboard allows MSU students to schedule an appointment at their convenience with their academic advisor. MSU students can also call the FW Advising Center (517) 353-9091 or stop by Room 40 in the Natural Resources Building to schedule an appointment. Mr. Schneider does accept walk-in appointments if time permits.
How to use the appointment system:
You need your MSUNet ID and password to log on to the appointment system.
While the appointment system displays all half hour appointment times that are available, Jim does accept walk-in advising for those quick questions.
There may be a time when you must cancel your appointment (ex: illness). The system will allow you to do so, but please cancel with at least 24 hours notice and/or contact the FW Advising Center (353-9091 or firstname.lastname@example.org) directly to let them know you've canceled, so other students may take advantage of the time slot.
Instructions for making an appointment on the Student Success Dashboard
- Log in to https://msu.campus.eab.com/.
- Click on the [GET ADVISING] button on the top right of the page.
- Select AG & NATURAL RESOURCES ADVISING and then FISHERIES & WILDIFE as the "Reason" for your appointment. Then select Next.
- The location should show NATURAL RESOURCES - ROOM 40.
- Click in the box that says "Any Adviser". You should see just one adviser listed, JIM SCHNEIDER. Select Jim as the adviser you want to see. Then select Next.
- The next step will be to select a specific date and time for you to meet with Mr. Schneider.
- Before finalizing your appointment, please add a note in the comment box - "Is there anything specific you would like to discuss with Jim?" that let's Jim know why you've made this appointment and what you want to talk about.
Instructions for cancelling an appointment on the Student Success Dashboard
- Log in to https://msu.campus.eab.com.
- On the right side of the page, you will see your "Upcoming Appointments". Open the appointment you wish to cancel.
- A new pop up screen appears. Select "Cancel Appointment" on the bottom left.
- You will need to select a reason for your cancelation and select "Mark as Cancelled".
- Your confirmation will appear and a message will be sent to the advisor. That time will now be open on your calendar as well as the advisor's calendar.