Educational Bulletins and Publications
MSU Extension publications are available online at shop.msu.edu
Home, Lawn and Garden
Toll Free Lawn and Garden Hotline: 1-888-678-3464 (1-888-MSUE-4MI)
The Hotline is staffed by MSU Extension Consumer Horticulture Educators and Master Gardener volunteers, the Hotline is available weekdays 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. during the growing season (April-September) choose Option #1 for the Lawn and Garden Hotline. During the “off season” (October-March) the Hotline is available 9:00 am to 12:00 Noon choose Option #1 for the Lawn and Garden Hotline.
Genesee County Lawn and Garden Hotline: 810-244-8548
The Genesee County Lawn and Garden Hotline is staffed by a Master Gardener Coordinator and Master Gardener Volunteers. The local Hotline is available for phone and counter service on Friday; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. during the “off season” (October-March) and Monday-Wednesday-Friday during the growing season (April-September). There is a $5 diagnostic fee for analyzing a specimen/sample.
Pesticide Applicator Program: Certification, Training, Exams and Manuals
Certification and Training
- MSU Extension Pesticide Training & Certification
- Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development (MDARD)
Exams are scheduled once a month at the Genesee County MSU Extension Office. To schedule exam or for questions contact Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development (MDARD) at 1-800-292-3939.
Manuals for Certification Training
- Training manuals for pesticide applicator certification may be ordered online at the shop.msu.edu
Home Owner Soil Test Kit
- Homeowners soil test kit that can be purchased online from shop.msu.edu – Bulletin E-3154. Visit msusoiltest.com for additional information.
Commercial Soil Testing
- Soil boxes for sample collection CANNOT be ordered on-line but can be purchased at the office at a cost of $12 each. You’ll receive a Soil Sample Information form to complete and send with your samples to the MSU Soil and Plant Nutrient Laboratory. To understand your soil test results go online at the MSU Soil Test.com, contact the MSU Soils Lab or contact our office.
- 2014 Plat Books are now available through the Genesee County MSU Extension. Cost is $30.00 plus tax. Cash or Check Only Contact the Genesee County MSU Extension office for information.