Application Instructions to the Institute of Agricultural Technology
Admission to the Institute of Agricultural Technology is based on several factors including the availability of space in your desired program of study. Students are encouraged to apply as early as possible. Students planning to enroll in a partnership program based at a Michigan community college must follow the same application process below.
The IAT online application is open and available to students who are ready to apply. Start your application now.
Admission is based on:
- Your academic performance in high school
- Your work experience, organized school activities, community involvement, and conduct
- Demonstrated interest in program of study
- Available space in your desired program
- Both turf programs require previous work experience and a letter from your immediate supervisor
The IAT uses rolling admissions with each program coordinator making the admission decision. Admission decisions are typically made within four weeks of all admission materials being received. High school seniors are encouraged to apply September – May of their senior year. Transfer students should apply six (6) months prior to semester of enrollment.
- Complete the IAT online application for admission, including the personal statement
- Pay the $65 nonrefundable application fee using a credit card or electronic check
- Have your official high school transcript and/or college transcripts sent to the MSU Office of Admissions through an electronic delivery service such as Parchment, Docufide, Naviance, or E Scrip-Safe. Schools that do not have access to these services may send official paper documents via U.S. mail to the MSU Office of Admissions, Hannah Administration Building, 426 Auditorium Rd., Room 250, East Lansing, Michigan 48824-2604.
- Only the Sports & Commercial Turf Management and Golf Turf Management programs require previous turf management work experience and a letter of recommendation from your immediate supervisor as part of the application for admission. Students applying to one of these programs who do not meet the previous work experience may contact the program coordinator for application options.
Applications are valid for one calendar year beyond the initial semester of submission. It is not necessary to submit a new application or application fee during this period. To be considered for an alternate semester, contact the Institute of Agricultural Technology before the application’s expiration.
Questions about applying to IAT?
Contact the Institute of Agricultural Technology with any questions about the application for admission or anything else related to your enrollment in IAT.