Mr. John Stone, Academic Specialist and Program Coordinator
Phone: (517) 353-5134
- B.A., Biology, Albion College
- M.S. Entomology, Michigan State University
- Develop and revise Pesticide Applicator Certification Manuals
- Develop and present Pesticide Applicator Recertification training programs
- New pesticide applicator certification training
- Web page expansion
- Respond to pesticide questions
- Network with Michigan Department of Agriculture regarding certification programs.
Areas of Expertise
- A commercial certified pesticide applicator for 30 years.
- Assistant Instructor for the MSU Institute of Agriculture Technology's Lawn and Landscape Management program in Grand Rapids.
- Michigan Certified Green Industry Professional: Michigan Certified Nurseryman-Landscape Management Specialist.
- Pesticide applicator training categories: Core-Private and Commercial, 3A- Turfgrass, 3B- Ornamental, 5-Aquatic, and 6-Right of Way.