Hiring Organization: Ed Castro Landscape
Employment type: Internship
Application Deadline: June 1, 2016
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Ed Castro Landscape Mission:
For Ed Castro Landscape to become the south’s premier landscape design, construction, maintenance and horticultural services firm. To create gardens of beauty and comfort, coupling excellent customer service. To hire, train, and retain employees that are professionals and demonstrate unparalleled thoroughness and dedication to the highest standards of quality. To offer comprehensive landscape services, and qualifications to guide projects from design concept through construction while ensuring thriving and prolific landscapes.
This position provides our Company with a representative to provide guidance, quality control and communication with our clients. This position should promote and exemplify the standards set forth by Ed Castro Landscape. Review and inspect customer accounts on a regular basis. Identify any problems and facilitate a resolution to them. Work with the onsite crews to improve their on-the-job knowledge. This position is an important link in not only resolving customer inquiries and problems with professional, knowledgeable expertise, but also assisting in finding opportunities for selling additional company services and upgrades to each property.
• Customer Retention
• Quality Control
• Manage actual man hours against budgeted man hours
• Employee relations, training, retention
• Create a learning environment and structure for the supervisors
• Create aesthetic value of the properties
• Develop knowledge of company product lines
• Strong respect from your supervisors and laborers
• Use of new landscape techniques and material
• Education in Landscape Industry – Growth and Development
• Self motivate your thoughts and visions of the added value you bring to ECL
This position reports to the Operations Manager.
• Site Visits: No less than monthly visits to each account for quality control and problem identification and resolution. This will be accomplished by use of site inspection form.
• Works closely with the CRM’s in assuring proper pre-service meetings, and accurate job costing.
• Client Satisfaction: Seeks out clients and interacts directly with customer and looks for needs/problems and up sells Ed Castro Landscape services.
• Works with the Operations Manager for scheduling production.
• Sales: Assists clients in selling small upgrades.
• Crew management: Supervises and directs maintenance crews for accounts. Train crews onsite to perform work that is required by Ed Castro Landscape.
• Property management: Coordinates with other Ed Castro Landscape departments and/or sub-contractors that perform on accounts.
• Assists in training and reporting monthly profit and loss of accounts and understands departmental profit and loss.
• Utilizes the schedule manager for maintenance crews. Background, Experience and Knowledge:
• Organization and time management.
• Equipment techniques: service, operation, and minor repairs
• Superior written and verbal communication
• Customer relations and communication
• Irrigation: service, installation and repair
• Installation / floriculture installation from drawing board to field
• Computer software including Microsoft Office/Word/Excel/Outlook, Include Asset, E-mail and Voice mail proficiencies
• PLANET Standards
• Plant material identification and use
• Sales / sales relationship management
• Plant, turf, insect and disease ID
• Problem solving from routing to client issues
• Working knowledge of P & L Statements
Frequently Used Procedures/Guidelines:
• Contracts and on-site work order forms
• Scheduling and reporting
• Maintenance Inspection sheets
• Time Cards / Crew Tech and use
• Production Sheets
• ECL Handbook, ECL Policies and Procedures Handbook
• ECL Standards of Operation
• ECL Chemical Handbook
• Standard Accounting practices
BS / BA college degree in a related field and five years related landscape management experience and/or equivalent. The Account Manager will show willingness and capability of continuing education through workshops, classes, and professional memberships.
Personal Traits – This Account Manager:
• Does homework before making a proposal to top management
• Can deal effectively with resistant employees
• Works effectively with higher management
• Understands higher management values, how higher management operates, and how they see things
• Links responsibilities with the mission of the whole organization
• Has a pleasant disposition
• Shows interest in the needs, hopes, and dreams of other people
• Can handle criticism and critiques from peers with poise
• Admits personal mistakes openly, learns from them, and moves on to correct the situation
• Relates to all kinds of individuals tactfully, from shop floor to top executive
• When working with peers from other functions or units, gains their co-operation and support
• Quickly masters new vocabulary and operating rules needed to understand how the business works
• Uses good timing and common sense in negotiating; makes their point when the time is ripe and does it diplomatically
• Masters new work unit knowledge necessary to understand how the business works
• Voluntarily starting projects. Attempting non routine jobs and tasks
• Rewards hard work and dedication to excellence
• Uses effective listening skills to gain clarification from others
• Can effectively lead an operation from its inception though completion
• Learns from the corrective actions taken from mistakes of management
• Dependability and trustworthiness
• Has an even temperament. Acceptance of unavoidable tension and pressure
• Accepts change as positive
Position Description Updates:
This description will be reviewed annually during the 1st quarter of our fiscal year. Ed Castro Landscape reserves the right to alter the position description with or without notice. This position description is not a contract of employment and does not alter the employment relationship.