Hiring Organization: WHCanon Landscape Company
Employment type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: June 2, 2014
Job Location: Romulus, MI
WH Canon specializes in providing complete landscape construction and maintenance services for large-scale commercial, industrial, institutional, municipal and sports facilities throughout Michigan and the United States. We provide experience in both traditional and green projects and are committed to sustanability in landscape and the work place.
Our staff of professionals consists of specialists in all area of landscape construction and maintenance. We insist upon the highest level of quality and approach projects with a team-building attitude and high degree of integrity.
Provide support to senior estimating staff including, but not limited to, interpretation of landscape plans and specifications, performing takeoffs and product research.
- Review drawings and specifications to determine scope of work and bid potential.
- Perform plant counts, plan takeoffs and summarize all takeoff quantities.
- Enter bid scope, material quantities, material cost and labor facots into estimating software.
- Assist in researching supplies/resources and obtaining quotes from vendors and subcontractors.
- Hand deliver sealed bids as required.
- Compile and submit project submittals per specifications.
- Perform additional tasks as determined by Senior Estimator.
Job Skills and Experience Required:
- 4 year degree, Landscape Architecture or Architecture degrees preferred
- Knowledge of construction/landscape industry
- Ability to read and understand project drawings and specifications
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in all MS Office applications, emphasis on Excel
- Must have a valid driver's license
Please email Kim Ennett at email@example.com with your cover letter and resume to apply.