Hiring Organization: Ten Hens Farm
Employment type: Seasonal
Application Deadline: August 1, 2017
Job Location: Bath, MI
FARM CREW POSITION DESCRIPTION
Supervisor: Adam Montri, Co-owner
Ten Hens Farm is hiring two (2) farm crew members for the 2017 season starting the end of June and running through October 31, 2017. Farm crew members will work collaboratively with the owner, family members, and current farm crew to assist with daily tasks and activities of running a successful vegetable production farm and business. These positions are 20-30 hours per week, with full days on Tuesdays and Thursday and additional hours available. These positions are based at the farm address above and on additional rented property nearby.
Ten Hens Farm was started in 2007 and is located less than 10 miles from MSU’s campus in Bath, Michigan. We grow a diversified mix of vegetables on three acres of
outdoor land and in an additional 17,000 square feet of hoophouse space. Sales outlets consist of one farmers market, six to eight restaurants, a grocery store, multi-farm subscription boxes, other farms, and wholesale accounts.
Position Responsibilities and Activities
The farm crew participates in all aspects of the farm including:
• Pruning and trellising
• Washing and packing of all farm products
• Direct market sales and deliveries
• Greenhouse building and other farm maintenance
Desired Qualifications and Skills
• Vegetable production/farming experience
• Passion for growing high quality vegetables
• Dedication to working as a member of the farm crew who work hard, eat, and enjoy time together
• Ability to work independently, at times, to complete assigned jobs
• Experience using hand tools
• Experience operating small machinery and driving tractors (preferred, but not required)
Candidates should call or text Adam Montri at 517.599.3345 to discuss employment options and hourly pay rate.