Woodland Workforce Solutions
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Ann Arbor Area
Application Deadline: March 31, 2018
Groundskeeper/Estate Manager – Ann Arbor Area
Contact Corina Eliason Celiason@woodlandworkforce.com
Groundskeeper/Estate Manager position is a hands-on position that is responsible to maintain the buildings, grounds and related equipment in pristine and ready for use condition at all times.
- Maintain the grounds in a “guest ready” mode at all times. This includes all grounds and buildings.
- Mow the lawns, regularly treat weeds for weed control, weed whip, rake leaves, spread mulch/woodchips/stones, trim shrubs and hedges, cut down and remove tree limbs damaged by adverse weather conditions and perform other lawn care services as necessary to ensure the grounds have a groomed look. Check the irrigation system to ensure all is in working order; replace and/or adjust heads as needed.
- Ensure the drives are in good condition -- fill potholes, if any, on a timely basis.
- Ensure boats are clean and ready for use and docks are clean and in good order.
- Operate snow removal equipment and keep all of the walkways and building entrances cleared and safe
- Walk buildings interiors, ensure all is in order (replace light bulbs, check filters/replace as needed, etc.). Have maintenance performed as needed.
- Walk buildings’ exteriors and blow/clean porches, terraces and walkways. Watch for and remove or spray for birds’ nests, spiders and other pests.
- Walk maintenance buildings, storage barn and garages regularly. Sweep floors, straighten supplies and tools and clean/clear counters and tools boxes.
- Clean cabs, windows and floors of large equipment when needed. Gas and clean ATV’s.
- Start-up small equipment ensuring ready for use; keep charged and /or gassed. Perform regular maintenance and minor repairs on the lawn care equipment and tools
- Assist in set-up and tear-down of events
- Assist gardener and housekeeper when required.
- Notify manager when problems are noted and potential solutions.
- Notify manager when additional help will be required to complete jobs on a timely basis (ex. Applying mulch).
- Must be meticulous. Dedication to detail and a commitment to orderliness and cleanliness is a must.
- Must be mechanically inclined and familiar with power tools.
- Knowledge of large equipment (i.e. large farm tractors) a plus.
- High school diploma/GED required
- 2+ years grounds keeping experience with demonstrated knowledge of and broad experience in general grounds maintenance techniques. Knowledge of trees, shrubs and signs of disease a plus
- Must be a reliable worker who is able to perform tasks without supervision
- Able to reprioritize tasks depending on circumstances
- Physically demanding job, requiring the ability to lift 50 pounds and work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must ensure confidentiality
Reports to Property Manager.
Please email your resume outlining your experience to Corina Eliason at firstname.lastname@example.org.