Hiring Organization: Donelan Family Wines
Employment type: Internship
Application Deadline: June 30, 2017
Job Location: Santa Rosa, CA
We are a small, boutique winery in Sonoma County producing Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Syrah, Grenache, and Roussanne. We think wine should taste great – with every vintage and every grape, this is our ultimate priority and our greatest motivation. We hope to build a harvest team that is efficient and energetic with a great sense of humor and a commitment to quality in both work ethic and wine.
Job duties will extend to all aspects of general cellar work, include rackings and barrel work, processing fruit, cellar sanitation, fermentation monitoring, vineyard sampling, espresso machine processing, tasting and more. The duration of the position will be approximately from August 1st through November, depending on the timing of harvest. Starting and ending dates are flexible and subject to change. Wage based on experience. Lunch will be provided from first fruit to last press.
Qualifications should include:
- General knowledge of winemaking practices
- Team oriented person adaptable to small winery conditions
- Degree in or current study of enology and viticulture
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs on a routine basis
- Able to perform physical labor involved in cellar work
- Willingness to work long, variable hours, at times 7 days a week
- Devotion to quality greatly appreciated
- Interesting music taste and respect for good coffee a plus
We are looking for applicants with a dedicated, efficient, and safe work ethic who are also seeking an experience with a strong emphasis on wine quality.