Hortech, Inc. Intern
Employment type: Internship
Job Location: Nunica, MI
Application Deadline: March 31, 2018
JOB DESCRIPTION/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
Last updated 1/4/2017
Primary supervisor and mentor: Human Resources Manager
Secondary supervisors and mentors: Shipping Manager, LiveRoof and Hortech Production Managers, and Assistant General Manager.
Hortech Inc. offers a limited number of hands-on internship positions that are focused on generating experience and perspective (of horticultural products and services, and green roof and planted wall eco-systems) through a rotation of hands-on work experiences, and exposure to the people, products and processes of our organization. Most of the work is supervised, in groups; occasionally with suggested reading and experience outside of our typical work environment. Subjects that will be addressed, mostly through hands on work, include the following:
- · Horticulture
- · Plant care – Grown Earth Friendly
- · Botany
- · Business
- · Plant Propagation
- · Lean Manufacturing
- · Customer Service
- · Teamwork
- · Logistics
- · Language and culture
- · Green Roofs
- · Green Walls
- · 18 years of age, or older.
- · Valid Driver’s License.
- · Current college student or related certificate program.
- · Able to work full-time throughout summer months with minimal disruptions in schedule.
- · Physical stamina is a must as often lifting and walking with 30-50 pounds is a regular activity.
- · Team centered attitude, willingness to pitch in and work hard.