Interior Designer - Sparrow Health System
Sparrow Health Systems
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Lansing, MI
Application Deadline: January 21, 2018
General Purpose of Job
The Interior Designer will be the subject matter expert for all in-house design elements for our Health System facilities. The designer is responsible to coordinate the appropriate use and application of standard finishes and products for all projects in order to further develop the Sparrow brand at new and renovated facilities.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Develop and work within Sparrow Health System standards for furniture, finishes, and equipment, with continued considerations for industry best-practices.
- Coordinate color and material palettes with artwork selection, with approvals from necessary internal committees. Produce finish boards with products and rendering as necessary for presentations.
- Assist with efforts in space planning, furniture layout and specifications, resulting in furniture and finish solutions that are conducive to intended purposes, serve the function of the user, and are within budget.
- Perform field verification of facilities as necessary.
- Work with Project Managers to establish budget and schedule for projects; maintaining relevant information and data on renovation and new construction projects to assist with this effort.
- Coordinate throughout the project phases with consultants and manufacturers’ representatives for accurate inclusion of products and details.
- Finalize fabrics, finishes, furniture, artwork, accessories, plants, and other selections necessary for the project, and assist with procurement of such items.
- Review and approve construction documents, shop drawings, and other technical information to assist the Project Manager in ensuring products and details are consistent with design intent and specifications.
- Participate in punch list and on-site audit visits with project team to monitor quality and accuracy of installation.
- Assist with the coordination of move-management and wayfinding tasks as necessary.
- Work closely with other Health System departments to identify pertinent needs and resolve problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
Bachelor's degree in Interior Design, fine arts, or equivalent, from an accredited program.
Minimum 4 years experience, with a focus in healthcare environments.
Skills & Abilities
- Proficient use of AutoCAD, Photoshop, sketch-up, and project management software.
- Project management skills, including time-management, prioritizing tasks and multiple demands, and meeting deadlines.
- Familiarity with construction documents and specifications.
- Excellent writing and communication skills which enable collaboration with hospital executives, consultants, project management team and others as necessary.
- Strong understanding of furniture specifications, orders, and the process of delivery and installation.
- Knowledge of working with internal and external consultants including architectural, mechanical, and electrical engineers.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Preferred
- LEED AP accreditation, EDAC certified.
- Master’s degree in Interior Design.
- NCIDQ certification.
- Familiarity with Lean process improvement methods.
How to Apply
Check out the LinkedIn Posting.