Lab Associate - Horticulture
Profile Products, LLC
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Conover, NC
Application Deadline: July 31, 2017
Profile Products, LLC - At Profile Products, Solutions for your Environment™ is a way of life and who we are.
Dedicated to our customers; helping find solutions is at the heart of what we do. Our mindset, which we apply across all of our businesses, reflects our goal to provide viable, cost effective, and valuable solutions for our customers and the environment. Our team is inquisitive, dynamic, collaborative, idea generators that get to the core of our customer’s unique needs and drive solutions that achieve success and are environmental sound. Doing the right thing and bringing new ideas forward that are impactful contribute towards our goals not only to be different, but important.
Our purpose-driven products meet the specific needs of a range of industries world-wide, including sports fields, golf courses, mining, oil and gas reclamation, landfills, commercial/residential construction and DOT/highway projects –including a project in Russia with the Sochi 2014 Olympics. We provide the industry’s broadest line of erosion and sediment control products, turf establishment products and complementary accessories to control erosion and accelerate seed germination. We also manufacture the industry’s best-selling inorganic soil amendments for Major League Baseball, the NFL, and top golf courses throughout the world.
As the need for “greener” solutions rise, Profile’s mission is to consistently help our customers establish sustainable green space through water/soil management and plant establishment. We accomplish this by bringing our knowledgeable people, proven products, groundbreaking technology and personal services on-site to holistically meet real world applications—assuring success on every job.
Profile Products LLC is seeking Lab Associate for our Horticulture division that supports a growing business. We are seeking an individual with substrate or research experience.
Reports to: Jessie Clark, Quality Control Manager Profile Products
Work location: Profile Plants LLC, 219 Simpson Street SW, Conover, NC 28613
Work with Profile team members to provide research and development support at the Conover, NC Profile Plant manufacturing location. Special focus of position will be on Substrate analysis and blending activities.
List the primary tasks this position is expected to perform while in the position
1. Assist with creating substrate blends and testing substrate blends in lab setting.
2. Set up, monitor and collect results from industry standard analysis testing methods (i.e. Porometer, Hyprop, RoTap Analysis)
3. Assist with the planning, execution and analysis of research trials on both new products as well as existing products.
4. Collect, analyze and summarize data from greenhouse and laboratory trials. Provide data when necessary to Research and Sales team members for presentations.
5. Manage special projects and help out in other areas of the business as assigned.
List the skills, knowledge and abilities (competencies) required/critical to the performance of the position.
1. Experience in horticulture industry; preferred background in soils and media, floriculture crops, growing and/or trialing experience.
2. Ability to understand strengths and weaknesses of products at Profile Product and competitor products in relevant segments.
3. Ability to manage time without constant supervision
4. Ability to follow written and verbal instruction
5. Strong communication and coordinating skills along with the ability to work well with a wide variety of people.
6. Strong Attention to detail
7. Strong PC skills including proficiency with MS Office.
8. Statistical analysis abilities a plus.
9. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
Scope of Responsibility
Staff: This position does not have anyone reporting to it.
Budgets: This position is not responsible for a budget.
If you seek an organization where your talents and innovative ideas are celebrated and supported, we want to learn more about you, we invite you to come grow with us.
Other benefits along with compensation package include:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401 K
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
Join us and become part of our great team!