Hiring Organization: LMI Landscapes, Inc.
Employment type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: May 31, 2017
Job Location: Austin/Dallas, MI
Landscape Construction Estimator
LMI Landscapes, Inc. is a fast growing and highly respected landscape and irrigation contractor, and the “Official provider of landscape services to the Dallas Cowboys.” Our mission is “A Commitment to Excellence – excellent people, excellent clients, and excellent results.” Our Corporate Values reflect Honesty, Quality, Professionalism, and Teamwork!
We are seeking a Commercial Landscape Estimator for our location(s) in Austin, Texas & Dallas, Texas. This person will be a crucial team member with responsibility for bringing in new work by providing winning estimates for construction project proposals. This individual is responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings, and gathering all necessary information to successfully bid on and win new projects. Estimator must work with project managers to ensure estimates are submitted on time and in the required format. Must have a thorough knowledge of company procedures, estimating techniques, cost control systems, and accounts. Must have the ability to estimate all types of projects/contracts plus the ability to coordinate and supervise group work essential. There are no sales or design work involved in the position.
Qualifications: • 5+ years of estimating experience, preferably in a commercial landscaping environment, with Timberline Estimating
• Must be proficient in MS Project Scheduling and MS Office Programs
• Proficient in use of OnScreen Takeoff
• Knowledge of North Texas plant materials and irrigation systems
• Must have the ability to read landscape construction and irrigation plan blueprints
• Prepare and maintain status of priority bid log
• Solicit and maintain communication with vendors, production department and purchasing agent
• Contact supply houses to obtain additional supplier quotes and estimates
• Perform quantity takeoffs via “OnScreen Take Off” system and blueprints as required.
• Enter data into Excel spreadsheets, Timberline Estimating and OnScreen Plans – identifying all labor and material costs involved in a given project.
• Submit 100% of bids and budgets by the bid deadline without exception
• Review RFPs and ask follow-up questions to ensure a detailed understanding of the scope of work
• Develop relevant RFI’s to ensure knowledge of project requirements and to minimize exclusions
• Perform a comprehensive “bid day” analysis and scoping of specific assigned trades
• Properly turn over bid documents and subcontractor buyout information to Project Management in a timely manner
• Review drawings with Project Management team and highlight areas of concern
• Participate in Project management team review to ensure comprehensive supplier, scope and materials review
• Participate in project kick-off to ensure final compliance
Benefits: LMI Landscapes Inc. offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits which include:
• Health, Vision and Dental insurance
• Company phone
• Paid Holidays
• Vacation and personal days
So, if you are committed to excellence, then consider joining the LMI Landscapes team today!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer----M/F/D/V
Email resume to: