Hiring Organization: BrightView
Employment type: Full-Time, Seasonal
Application Deadline: May 31, 2017
Job Location: Portage, MI
Landscape Construction Foreman – Portage, MI
We’re currently seeking a Landscape Construction Crew Leader . You are responsible for executing landscape installations and a variety of other tasks on client sites. The crew leader will direct the work of 2-5 team members and ensure assigned tasks are completed safely, efficiently, and to the quality standards set by the BrightView and its clients. Crew leaders will oversee, and directly work alongside other team members performing landscape construction operations.
What you'll do:
* Ensure efficiency and deliver high quality landscape construction work.
* Train and hold team members accountable for best safety practices, horticultural operations, the proper use of commercial-grade landscape construction equipment, and the maintenance of that equipment.
Skills we're seeking:
* You should have a driver’s license and good record, strong leadership, and familiarity with the techniques and equipment used in landscaping.
* You also must be able to handle the physicality of our work outdoors: weather conditions, heavy lifting (30-80 pounds), and extensive walking.
* At least three years of experience in lawn care and landscaping a must; supervisory experience desired.
* Must be comfortable and be able to train others how to safely use construction equipment including but not limited to skid steers, chainsaws, chippers, etc.
* Safety Toe Boots are required
* Competitive pay based on skill set
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Employee Referral Program
* Overtime Eligible
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $18.00 /hour If interested, please send an email to Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.org with resume attached.