Landscape Design Consultant
Hiring Organization: Ed Castro Landscape
Employment type: Internship
Application Deadline: June 1, 2016
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Landscape Design Consultant
Ed Castro Landscape Mission
For Ed Castro Landscape to become the south’s premier landscape design, construction, maintenance and horticultural services firm. To create gardens of beauty and comfort, coupling excellent customer service. To hire, train, and retain employees that are professionals and demonstrate unparalleled thoroughness and dedication to the highest standards of quality. To offer comprehensive landscape services, and qualifications to guide projects from design concept through construction while ensuring thriving and prolific landscapes.
This position provides customer satisfaction on all horticultural projects contracted by the Company for its clients. The integration of total quality and crew efficiency is the crux of this position. The manager will work with other managers and directors in the company to learn, promote and enhance procedures and techniques used by Ed Castro Landscape to ensure satisfied customers as well as profitability, whilst installing annual color, perennials, and enhancements of the highest caliber.
• Keep an accurate inventory of onsite and facility materials
• Input into work habits of crews and how to increase productivity
• Design and specify outstanding floriculture gardens and enhancements
• Educate clients and crews on horticulture industry
• Submit and win floricultural awards above industry standards
• Grow Horticulture Division Through Floriculture, Enhancements, and Ornamental Care.
This position reports to the Operations Manager
• The client must have confidence in the ability of the manager to fulfil their needs to the fullest extent.
• The installation knowledge of small gardens, annual color and perennials, and enhancements
• Daily communication with project managers, directors and designers to set timelines on up coming projects and up-sale to existing client base.
• Daily communication with the customer service representative.
• Daily updates with supervisors to layout next day’s work schedule.
• Review billing on a weekly basis through Accounts Payable and/or Account Receivable.
• Assist vendors in procuring supplies to ensure jobs are managed in a timely manner
• Supervises and coordinates employees work to ensure quality of workmanship.
• Job scheduling and oversee timing of floriculture ordering and purchasing
• Schedule and ensure delivery of materials to each job site in an efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
• Maintains accurate inventories of all materials at job sites and report to purchasing any changes made to jobs.
• Ensure all load lists for the next days work are completed at the end of every day
• Accurate layout of floriculture installations per blueprints.
• Create and design annual and perennial gardens on both small and large scale.
• Project costing and evaluation including budgets and job costs
• Train and manage Ed Castro Landscape’s Ornamental Care Division. Background, Experience and Knowledge:
• Installation techniques and technology
• Crew supervision, scheduling and dispatch
• Inventory Control
• Plant, turf, insect, and disease ID
• Customer relations and communication
• Job costing and budgeting
• Plant material identification and use
• Soil types and benefits
• Pesticide Test and Turf Grass Certification
• Computer software, Microsoft Word, spreadsheets, Include Asset, Outlook, E-mail and voice mail proficient
• Equipment knowledge
• Include Asset: Job Manger, Client Manager, Proposal Manager, Schedule Manager, Client Manager, Vendor Manager, Call Manager, and Catalog Manager
Frequently Used Procedures/Guidelines:
• Plant procurement
• On site work orders
• Payroll time reporting, time cards
• Production Schedule
• ECL Handbook, ECL Policies and Procedures Handbook
• ECL Standards of Operation
BS / BA college degree in a related field and three - five years related floriculture/horticulture management experience and/or equivalent. The Horticultural Manager will show willingness and capability of continuing education through workshops, classes, and professional memberships.
Personal Traits – This Horticulture Manager:
• Works effectively with higher management
• Links responsibilities with the mission of the whole organization
• Has a pleasant disposition
• Shows interest in the needs, hopes, and dreams of other people
• Can handle an attack from peers with poise.
• Admits personal mistakes, learns from them, and moves on to correct the situation
• Relates to all kinds of individuals tactfully, from shop floor to top executive
• Coaches employees in how to meet expectations
• Does homework before making a proposal to top management
• When working with peers from other functions or units, gains their co-operations and support
• Quickly masters new vocabulary and operating rules needed to understand how the business works
• Rewards hard work and dedication to excellence
• In implementing a change, explains, answers questions, and patiently listens to concerns
• Uses effective listening skills to gain clarification from others
• Accepts change as positive
• Gains commitment of others before implementing changes
• Used good timing and common sense in negotiating; makes point when time is right and does it diplomatically
• Can effectively lead an operation from its inception though completion
• Voluntarily starting projects. Attempting non routine jobs and tasks
• Dependability and trustworthiness
• Even temperament. Acceptance of unavoidable tension and pressure
Position Description Updates:
This description will be reviewed annually during the 1st quarter of our fiscal year.
Ed Castro Landscape reserves the right to alter the position description with or without notice. This position description is not a contract of employment and does not alter the employment relationship.