Edsel & Eleanor Ford House
Employment type: Seasonal
Job Location: Grosse Pointe Shores, MI
Application Deadline: May 31, 2017
BASIC PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Assist Landscape Department in the maintenance of the gardens and grounds of the estate, performing any combination of the following tasks: lawn cutting, leaf raking/blowing, plant bed cleaning and related landscaping tasks.
- Responsible for general gardening work – assists in planting and soil prep for planting, lawn cutting, turf care, and other gardening related duties.
- Clear walkways and roads of any debris to enhance visitor appreciation and safety, and visually inspect the exterior of buildings for damaged or unsafe conditions.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed.
TRAINING, EDUCATION, and EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and use good judgment.
- Able to use backpack blower, handheld blower, lawnmowers, and trimmers.
- Ability to bend, squat, lift and move up to 50 pounds frequently, exert force up to 100 pounds occasionally, be on feet for several hours at a time. This is an outdoor position.
- Full-time, must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
HOW TO APPLY