Nursery and Garden Center Internship
Employment type: Internship
Job Location: Traverse City, MI
Application Deadline: April 30, 2017
Garden Goods’ Summer Internship
Celebrating its twentieth year in 2015, Garden Goods is the premiere nursery and garden center in northern Michigan. Located just south of picturesque Traverse City, Garden Goods is a regional destination for gardeners and landscapers alike. We are seeking an intern for the 2016 growing season.
Internship focus areas include:
- Receiving, inspecting and transporting of nursery stock
- Nursery stock maintenance, including watering, fertilization and pruning
- Operating a forklift and a pallet jack as well as using shovels and other tools
- Retail sales of plant material through direct contact with the public, including phone, email and most importantly face-to-face interaction. Customer service is a major component of this internship.
Attributes of a successful intern:
Our team members work in all types of weather conditions as well as on evenings and weekends. We spend all of our time on our feet and it is important to be able to lift 50 pounds, climb, twist and spend your workday on your feet. Some skills that are helpful include:
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Staying focused in a fast-paced environment
- Efficient and effective time management
- An eagerness to learn
- Internship spans early May through late August
- This is a full-time position with an hourly pay rate
- Garden Goods is open 7 days a week during the growing season. Employment shifts range from 7:30am-9pm. Shifts vary during the week
- 5-6 day work week
- Employee discount
If you are interested, please contact Robin Smillie at email@example.com or 231-933-4769. We look forward to hearing from you!