Green Sense Farms
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Portage, IN
Application Deadline: March 31, 2018
Green Sense farms is building a network of Farms in the USA, Canada, Scandinavia and China. We are seeking talented and passionate individuals who what to have an impact on our company and help us grow! Be part of company that is transforming farming and produce distribution, come make your mark.
Production Manager - Portage, IN farm
- Oversee produce packing and quality control
- Manage & train packers
- Coordinate and schedule packing & shipping
- Coordinate customer orders
- Oversee plant quality packing/shipping
- Assist with Food Safety/HACCP
- Oversee packing and production inventory
- Conduct shelf life tests
- Enforce Health and Safety plan
- Prepares daily and weekly reports for Farm Manager
- 3-5 years of experience managing a Manufacturing, Food Processing or Greenhouse production packing line.
- Good organizational skills and demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Must be responsible, punctual, and have a positive attitude with good written and oral communication skills.
- Comply and promote GSF Values, and Vision to the team
- Oversee GAP and QC protocols.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs and physically able to stand for 4 hours, walk, go up and down a ladder, and crouch. Must be able to use a Scissors Lyft and work at +20 feet high.
- Good computer skills (Office).
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) is a plus.