Employment type: Internship
Job Location: Gneven, Germany
Application Deadline: May 1, 2018
WINSTONgolf Exchange Student Program – Internship 2018
WINSTONgolf is a semi private golf facility located in North East Germany between Hamburg and Berlin. We have an 18-hole course WINSTONopen which is built in a parkland style and rated 5th among the best golf courses in Germany according to the Golf Magazine Ranking. Additionally, we have an 18-hole WINSTONlinks course which is built in the Scottish dune landscape style and is the best golf course in Germany according to Golf Magazine. Furthermore, we have a 9-hole par 3 course. Below is a link to our homepage for further information about us:
Every year we host the WINSTONgolf Senior Open (Tournament on the European Senior Tour) which is the highlight for both the members and the staff. The WINSTONgolf Senior Open will take place in July.
The golf course is located close to Schwerin. The city has a very nice castle and a big lake as well as a lot of restaurants and bars.
You are looking for a qualified internship and foreign cultural experiences? We want to employ 3 qualified turf interns to assist our greenkeeping team. We are looking for interns who are willing to work in a foreign country and are motivated to do a quality job while furthering their education. We have the student exchange program since 2004.
Introduction Course Manager
The Course Manager is Jordan Tschimperle. He is American and lives since 2007 in Germany. Originally from the state of Washington Jordan was one of the first interns at WINSTONgolf. He returned in 2007 to be the assistant on the Open course and has worked his way up the ranks to Course Manager.
Facts for Greenkeeper
The two 18-hole course are very different, not just in name but also in design. The WINSTONopen course has bent/poa greens and a mixture of ryegrass, fescue, poa, and Kentucky bluegrass on the tees, fairways and roughs. The WINSTONlinks course is a mixture of fine fescues on all surfaces. We are located in a relatively moderate climatic zone with the lakes dictating much of the weather.
We are looking for students from April until October.
If you cannot do an internship during the whole-time, please contact us. We can find individual time frames for at least 3 months, but not shorter.
We will organize accommodation for you close to the golf course in the Employee Hotel
To make your stay more pleasant, we will provide a car for you to go shopping and commute to work if needed. For food, drinks and gas you will have to pay on your own. There is also the possibility to have a warm lunch at the course.
WINSTONgolf will pay you a monthly salary, depending upon experiences, as well as for your trip and the accommodation during your stay
Americans need to organize a visa for the internship in Germany. You will get detailed information about the visa process and assistance from WINSTONgolf. For European students, a visa is not required.
European Visa information:
• You must be currently enrolled in a Turf Management program or a similar program.
• You must be still enrolled as a student when finished with the internship.
• You must have a valid passport and driver’s license
• Previous golf course maintenance experiences are desirable but not a requirement
• You should like to work independently and within a team
• You should be a hardworking, self- motivator who is willing to learn new things
• Speaking German is not a requirement but it would be very helpful.
• Ability to communicate effectively among English, German or both.
Duties and Responsibilities
All aspects of golf course maintenance including but not limited to:
• Mowing of all areas with triplex mowers, hand mowers and tractors
• Trimming and weeding flower beds and around trees
• Bunker maintenance
• Irrigation scheduling and repair, including hand watering and possible installation
• Cultural practices including aerifying, verticutting, topdressing and fertilizer applications
• Tournament preparation and work - WINSTONgolf Senior Open | European Senior Tour
We are looking forward receiving your application via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact the Course Manager, Jordan Tschimperle via email