The Village Network
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Akron, OH
Application Deadline: October 29, 2016
Job Title: Vocational Specialist/Horticulture
Normal Working Hours: M-F 9a-5p, other times as assigned
Reports To: Vocational & Recreation Program Manager
Essential Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, and implements therapeutic groups and activities for Partial Hospitalization programs. (20% Importance Rating/20% of Time Spent)
- Documentation of Partial Hospitalization and Residential Programs. (15% Importance Rating/15% of Time Spent)
- Plans, organizes, and implements vocational horticulture educational and work experience for residential program. Responsible for all greenhouse care, planning, programming, and maintenance.(40% Importance Rating/35% of Time Spent)
- Provides direct care, behavior management, crisis intervention, and transportation of youth under supervision. ( 20% Importance Rating/ 25% of Time Spent)
- Attends and participates in department, committee, and treatment meetings. Plans, organizes and implements on and off grounds recreation activities for residential program. (5% Importance Rating 5% of Time Spent)
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use a computer; proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Associates Degree in social services or education services with minimum of 2 years experience in recreation or vocational services in a child-caring capacity, Bachelors Degree in Vocational Education or Therapeutic Recreation preferred.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License and maintains a driving record that allows that individual to be insurable with the insurance company providing The Village Network with vehicle insurance.
- Ability to comply with The Village Network requirements for using restraints including sufficient strength and completion of extensive training.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; flexibility to adapt to changing situations; ability to adapt activities to make them therapeutic experiences.
Interested and qualified employees may apply to Heather Rakosik by October 28, 2016
Recreation & Vocational Program Manager
The Village Network
3011 Akron Rd.
Wooster, OH 44691