Wholesale Nursery Grower
Northern Family Farms
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Merrillan, WI
Application Deadline: August 14, 2013
This new role is responsible for the management of the operations and personel for perennial and shrub production. Role requires driven individual with production experience in propagation, irrigation, IPM, and inventory management. A good condidate would set goals and production standards for his/her team. Candidate is expected to make recommendations for planning options for existing and new products to maximize sales potentials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates crop production and maintenance needs for production and marketing purposes.
- Monitors water and fertilizer needs of all crops.
- Drives and operates all machinery for plant production.
- Scouts for pests
- Supervises a crew of employees and/or work with other supervisors in completing irrigation and crop production tasts.
- Ability to communicate with individuals of all levels.
- 3+ years technical and/or practical container grown parennial and shrub experience
- Working knowledge of soil amendments, chemical application, fertilization and weed control
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite a plus
- Proven team management skills
- Valid driver'snlicense, CDL a plus
- Proficiency in Spanish perferred