Book Chapters & Invited Papers
- "Animal Ethics: Probing the Philosophical Issues" in Advances in Agricultural Animal Welfare by J. Mench, Ed. Cambridge, MA: 2018, Woodhead Publishing, Elsevier, Pages 51-67.
- "Resistance to Risky Technology; When Are Our Environmental Fears Justified?" in Philosophy, Technology and the Environment by D. Kaplan, Ed. Cambridge, MA, The MIT Press, Pages 63-80. 2017.
- "Food Security and Food Sovereignty," in Food, Ethics and Society: An Introductory Text with Readings by A. Barnhill, M. Budolfson, and T. Dogget, Eds. New York, Oxford University Press, Pages 160-164. (Reprinted selection of From Field to Fork). 2017.
- "Introduction to Food Justice and Governance," in Food Justice in U.S. and Global Contexts: Bringing Theory and Practice Together by I. Werkheiser and Z. Piso, Eds. New York and Dordrecht, NL, Springer, Pages 165-170. 2017.
- "The Many Meanings of Sustainability: a Competing Paradigms Approach," in Pragmatic Sustainability: Dispositions for Critical Adaption, 2nd Ed. by Steven A. Moore, Ed. Abingdon, Oxon UK and New York, Routledge, Pages 16-28. 2016
- "Food Sovereignty: Tho Conceptions of Food Justice," in Just Food: Philosophy, Justice and Food by J.M Dieterle, Ed. New York, Rowman & Littlefield, Pages 71-86. 2015.
- "Thomas Jefferson's Land Ethics," in Thomas Jefferson and Philosophy: Essays on the Philosophical Cast of Jefferson's Writings by M.A. Holowchak, ed. Lanham, MA, Lexington Books, Pages 61-77. 2014.
- "Ethics and Equity," in Socio-Economic Considerations in Biotechnology Regulation by K. Ludlow, S.J. Smyth and J. Falck-Zepeda, eds. Dordrecht, NL, Springer, Pages 97-107. 2014.
- "Uberveillance, Standards and Anticipation: A Case Study of Nanobiosensers in Cattle," in Uberveillance and the Social Implications of Microchip Implants: Emerging Technologies by M.G. Michael and K. Michael, eds. Hershey, PA, IGI Global, Pages 260-279. 2014.
- "Artificial Meat," in Ethics and Emerging Technologies by R.L. Sandler, ed. New York, Palgrave-Macmillan, Pages 516-530. 2014.
- "Conceptualizing Fairness in the Context of Competition: Philosophical Sources," in The Ethics and Economics of Agrifood Competition by Harvey S. James, ed. Dordrecht, NL, Springer, Pages 23-36. 2013.
For a full list of book chapters and invited papers by Paul B. Thompson, see his resume.