Renewable Energy Policy Program
The Land Policy Institute created the Renewable Energy Policy Program to provide science-based renewable energy policy information, data, research, analysis and outreach to stakeholders. From 2007-2013, the program explored the role of renewable energy in enhancing a clean energy future for Michigan and on the role of innovative land uses in paving the way for new energy development. Through numerous initiatives, the program explored:
- Effective renewable energy policies;
- The economic development potential of renewable energy;
- Land use connectivity of new energy forms;
- Renewable energy development constraints and strategies to address them; and
- Development of decision support tools.
- Michigan Public Service Commission
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Great Lakes Renewable Energy Association
- American Wind Energy Association
- Michigan Great Lakes Wind Council
- Michigan SeaGrant
- Great Lakes Commission
- MSU Environmental Science & Policy Program
- Michigan Citizen Planner
- Wind Prospecting Tool available from 2008-2015.
- What You Need to Know about Wind Energy Siting and Policy Issues training program from 2008-2009.
- Wind Symposium: Manufacturing and Developing Wind Energy Systems in Michigan held Sep. 10-11, 2007.
- Projected Job and Investment Impacts of Policy Requiring 25% Renewable Energy by 2015 inMichigan report - Aug. 10, 2012.
- Perception of the Impact of Wind Energy Generation in Coastal Communities factsheet series (covering Bay County; Presque Isle County; and a four-county area of the Upper Peninsula (Baraga, Houghton, Keweenaw and Marquette counties)) - Jul. 27, 2011.
- Wind Farm Development in Coastal Michigan: An Introduction to Wind Energy report - date unknown
- How Important is the Development of Renewable Energy to Michigan's Economic Recovery?: A Survey of Michigan Residents (LPI SOSS bulletin series) - Apr. 23, 2010.
- Proposed and Final Reports of Wind Energy Resource Zone Board - 2009.
- Inventory of Wind Energy Research, Technology Development and Curricula at Michigan Universities report - Mar. 3, 2009.
- Potential Application of Renewable Energy on Brownfield Sites: A Case Study of Michigan report - Jan. 27, 2009.
- Michigan's Offshore Wind Potential report - Sept. 30, 2008.
- Michigan Great Lakes Offshore Wind: Permitting Dry Run report - May 2008.
- Econometric Analysis of the Determinants of State's Wind Capacity Installment Policy Brief - Jan. 30, 2008.
- What Everyone Needs to Know about the Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) factsheet - January 2008.
- Effects of Renewable Portfolio Standards and Other State Policies on Wind Industry Development in the U.S. journal article - 2008.
- Wind Turbines Required to Meet Michigan's 2015 Renewable Portfolio Standards (RPS) factsheet - Jan. 2008.
- Projected Impacts of Renewable Portfolio Standards on Wind Industry Development in Michigan white paper - Dec. 12, 2007.
- The Land Policy Institute Elevating the Discussion on the Renewable Portfolio Standard factsheet - October 2007.
- Michigan Land Use Guidelines for Siting Wind Energy Systems - MSU bulletin - October 2007.