May 11, 2018 - Author: Joy Landis
MSU Entomology has various awards that honor outstanding students and staff. These awards are funded by donors who have vision and the experience to know the impact such funds can have on a career. Our annual awards recognition reception, where presented awards equal a value of around $40,000, is a celebration where recipients, friends and colleagues connect with donors. We also honor faculty who have received special recognition during the past year. Thank you and congratulations to all!
View more images in our 2018 Awards Ceremony photo gallery.
Fellowships and awards
- Joe Receveur (Benbow lab), Gordon E. Guyer Endowed Fellowship in Aquatic Entomology.
- Nicholas Babcock (Benbow lab,) Merritt Endowed Fellowship in Entomology.
- Gabriela Quinlan (Isaacs lab), Roger and Barbara Hoopingarner Endowed Graduate Fellowship in Entomology; J.E. and Jean M. McPherson Graduate Student Travel Award; and the Hutson Entomology Research Award—PhD.
- Sara Hermann (Landis lab), Robert R. Dreisbach Endowed PhD Fellowship.
- Margie Lund (Szendrei lab), Robert R. Dreisbach Endowed PhD Fellowship.
- Erica Fischer (Cognato lab), Scriber Scholars in Butterfly Biology and Conservation Award.
- Nicole Wonderlin (White lab) Hutson Entomology Research Award—PhD.
- Holly Hooper (Grieshop lab), Hutson Entomology Research Award—MS.
- Lidia Komondy (undergraduate), Department of Entomology Undergraduate Award.
- Danielle Kirkpatrick (Gut lab), Robert Dreisbach Award; and the Gordon Guyer Award.
- Jacquelyn Albert (Wilson lab), Paul Wooley Award (outstanding MS program).
- Courtney Larson (Benbow lab), Eugenia McDaniel Award (outstanding teaching).
- Julia Perrone (Landis lab), James Bath Award (outstanding staff).
- Katie Demeuse (Kaufman lab), Margie Lund (Szendrei lab), Joseph Lonchar (undergrad), Rachel Osborn (Cognato lab): Bug House Fellows.
Kenneth Vaughn, Assistant Director of Development for the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources presented an MSU Snyder Society Recognition award to J.E. and Jean McPherson.
The Department chose Ernest Bernard to receive its Distinguished Alumnus Award for outstanding achievement in the field of entomology.
Special thanks to our donors:
Gordon and Mary Guyer
Roger and Barbara Hoopingarner
Ray and Bernice Hutson
J.E. and Jean M. McPherson
Richard and Pamela Merritt
Larry and Beverly Olsen
Mark and Kathleen Scriber