2015 PCCMCA Conference
The 60th meeting of the Society of the Central American Cooperative Program for the Improvement of Crops and Animals will be held this year in Guatemala, May 4-7, 2015.
March 9, 2015
The program for the 60th meeting of the Society of the Central American Cooperative Program for the Improvement of Crops and Animals (PCCMCA) includes conference presentations and minicourses on:
- The State of Food and Agriculture in the World
- Sustainable Intensification of Agricultural Production (ISPA)
- Scientific, Cultural and Political Foundations that Support Research and Innovation of Bean Cultivation in the Human Diet in Developing Countries (Irvin Widders, director, Legume Innovation Lab)
- The Use of Beneficial Microorganisms in Root Nutrition and Health of Agricultural Crops
- Biofortification of Beans and Cassava: Conventional Improvement
- Connecting Research with Farmers through Conservation Agriculture
- The Role of Organic Matter in Soil Health
- Conference "Nutrition research and biological impact of biofortified foods: beans, sweet potato, cassava, rice and maize"
- Sustainable intensive agriculture in Latin America, a look forward
- A linkage model for sustainable modernization of traditional agriculture.
- Nutrition Research and Biological Impact of Biofortified Foods: Beans, Sweet Potato, Cassava, Rice and Maize
- Sustainable Intensive Agriculture in Latin America, a Look Forward
- A Linkage Model for Sustainable Modernization of Traditional Agriculture.
- Legumes, Rice/Sorghum, Vegetables/Fruit, Animal Production, Miscellaneous
For more detail on the program, link to the conference brochure.