Seven reasons to attend the 2017 Integrated Crop and Pest Management Update
The Integrated Crop and Pest Management Update for Agribusiness on Dec. 20, 2017, will feature 2018 MSU crop and pest recommendations, on-farm research data and pesticide certification credits.
The Michigan State University Extension field crops team along with Eaton County MSU Extension will host the 19th annual Integrated Crop and Pest Management Update on Wednesday, Dec. 20, 2017, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the MSU Pavilion for Agriculture and Livestock Education (4301 Farm Lane, East Lansing, MI 48824). Agribusiness representatives, retail sales and service professionals, private crop consultants and farmers are encouraged to come, as well as out-of-state participants.
Here are seven reasons to attend this event:
- Participants will receive the most recent MSU Extension recommendations for 2018 potential weed, insect and disease problems, fertilizer practices and emerging issues. These recommendations are based on field research conducted by MSU specialists.
- The program is offered in a timely fashion so businesses and farmers can make their year-end bulk purchasing decisions based on potential demand and availability. The timing of bulk purchases can have tax implications.
- This event will provide a jumpstart for the 2018 season. The field crop industry is facing production and marketing challenges associated with climate changes, volatile commodity prices, rising input costs, rapidly evolving technologies and potential new pests.
- This is an excellent opportunity to network with MSU crop specialists and local Michigan Agriculture Environmental Assurance program (MAEAP) technicians.
- Participants will receive a copy of the new MSU Extension bulletin E434, “2018 Weed Control Guide for Field Crops.”
- Results from the 2017 soybean on-farm trials will be discussed.
- Participants will receive six MDARD credits (Com. Core, Priv. Core, 1A), 6.5 CCA credits and MAEAP phase 1 credit for this session.
Online registration using a credit card is available. You can also download a brochure for mail-in check registration. Please email George Silva at email@example.com or call 517-543-4467 if you have questions.