Register today for Planning & Zoning Center’s 10th annual Zoning Administrator Certificate Program in January
The Zoning Administrator Certificate Program will take place Jan. 18–19, 2018, at the Ramada Grayling Hotel and Conference Center in Grayling. The MSU Land Policy Institute’s Planning & Zoning Center is pleased to announce that registration is now open.
August 2, 2017 - Author: Holly Madill
The popular Zoning Administrator Certificate Program will take place a little early next year: Jan. 18–19, 2018, at the Ramada Grayling Hotel and Conference Center in Grayling. The MSU Land Policy Institute’s Planning & Zoning Center is pleased to announce that registration is now open.
Who should attend? This certificate-based training is recommended for all new and current Zoning Administrators; along with private consultants, state agency field staff, and county planners who consult with local Zoning Administrators.
What does the course entail? There are eight modules included in the training program, leading to a certificate of completion for those that pass an exam associated with each module. Each module is 1.5–2.5 hours for a total of 17 hours of instruction.
Program Prerequisites (to receive a ZAC certificate): To be eligible for a certificate upon completion of this program, participants will need to have completed the MSUE Michigan Citizen Planner Fundamentals of Planning & Zoning Program, either classroom-based or online (or be a certified planner by the American Institute of Certified Planners), and successfully pass a multiple choice ZAC examination.
For those who need to meet the prerequisite, below is a list of upcoming training opportunities and more are being planned. Learn more about prerequisites.
Questions about the ZAC Program: For more information about the ZAC program, please email Holly Madill or call (517) 432-2222.
Michigan Citizen Planner Program Training Opportunities
Citizen Planner Webinar Training Series
This training is presented in a live presentation format viewed conveniently from your work or home computer!
- Webinar Training Series: Nov. 29–Dec. 13, 2017, (Weekdays: 11/29, 12/1, 12/4, 12/6, 12/8, 12/11, 12/13) from 1:30–4:30 p.m. Online registration is forthcoming.
Citizen Planner Classroom Program
A seven-week course offered in a classroom setting. Additional offerings coming soon.
- Citizen Planner: Ogemaw County: Wednesdays: Aug. 2–Sept. 13, 2017, from 6–9 p.m., at the City Police Department in West Branch.
- Citizen Planner: Newaygo County: Tuesdays: Sept. 5-Oct. 17, 2017, from 6–9 p.m., at the Newaygo County Commission on Aging in White Cloud.
- Citizen Planner: Genesee County: Thursdays: Sept. 14–Oct. 26, 2017, from 6–9 p.m., at the Genesee County Administration Building in Flint.
- Citizen Planner: Livingston County: Oct. 11-Dec. 13, 2017 (Non-consecutive Wednesdays: 10/11, 10, 25, 11/1, 11/8, 11/29, 12/6 and 12/13), from 6–9 p.m., at the Livingston County Public Safety Complex in Howell.
- During the Michigan Association of Planning’s 2017 Annual Conference: Sept. 27–29, 2017, at Mission Point, Mackinac Island, MI. This option allows participants to meet the prerequisite in just three days!
Citizen Planner Online Program
This program is a completely online, self-paced version of the classroom-based course, designed for individuals who can’t fit a seven-week course into their schedule, or who prefer this style of learning.
- New and improved!: Available 24/7 for whatever works best for your schedule.
Michigan Citizen Planner is administered separately from the ZAC Program. For more information, email Janean Danca or call (269) 657-8213.