Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition
University Distinguished ProfessorMichigan Biotechnology Institute 3815 Technology Blvd. Suite A114 East Lansing, MI
PhD, Iowa State University, 1981
MS, Colorado State University, 1980
New and alternative uses of agricultural and forest raw materials; separation, purification, and crystallization processes for food, pharmaceutical, and chemical industries. Distilled beverage technology.
- Berglund, K. A., "Facilitating Trade Agreements in Alternative Energy and Bioproducts - Sweden," UN International Forum, 25 October, 2007, Lansing, MI, USA.
- Berglund, K. A:, "The Artisan Distilling Industry in Michigan- Status and Potential," Michigan Agr-Business Association Annual Meeting, 12-13 September, 2007, Lansing, MI, USA.
- Berglund, K. A:, "Alternative Energy in Sweden- A Meeting of Policy and Technology," Michigan Agr-Business Association Annual Meeting, 12-13 September, 2007, Lansing, MI, USA.
- Berglund, K. A., A. van Heiningen, and U. Rova, "The Forest Biorefinery: How Do We Capture More Value?" Society of American Foresters, 7-9 May, 2007, Escanaba, MI, USA.
Selected Achievements and Awards
- Distinguished Faculty Award, Michigan State University, 1998