Ph.D. in Forest Economics, Michigan State University, 1981.
M.S. in Forest Economics, Michigan State University, 1978.
B.S. in Forestry, Southern Illinois University, 1976.
- Felix-Locher, A., H. Campa, III, L. Leefers, and D. E. Beyer, Jr. In press. Understanding cumulative effects of aspen harvest on wildlife habitat and timber in northern Michigan. Northern Journal of Applied Forestry.
- Leefers, L.A. 2011. National forest planning models in Michigan, 1986 and 2006. In M. Pelkki (compiler), Proceedings of the 12th Symposium for Systems Analysis in Forest Resources - 2006.
- Cleland, D., J. Merzenich, L. Leefers, and P. Fowler. 2011. Modeling historical and current successional dynamics on the Huron National Forest. In M. Pelkki (compiler), Proceedings of the 12th Symposium for Systems Analysis in Forest Resources - 2006
- Gustafson, E.J., L.J. Roberts, and L.A. Leefers. 2006. Linking linear programming and spatial simulation models to predict landscape effects of forest management alternatives. Journal of Environmental Management. 81(2006): 339-350.
- Leefers, L.A., L.J. Roberts, and E.J. Gustafson. 2005. Spatial sensitivity analysis: an application of HARVEST to a Spectrum alternative. In Bevers, M. and Barrett, T.M. (tech. comps.), System analysis in forest resources: proceedings of the 2003 symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-656. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. Pp. 71-78.
- Leefers, L.A., E.J. Gustafson, and P. Freeman. 2003. Linking temporal-optimization and spatial-simulation models for forest planning. In G.J. Arthaud and T.M. Barrett (eds.), Systems Analysis in Forest Resources. The Netherlands: U.S. Government. Pp. 165-173.
- Parthama, I.B.P., and L.A. Leefers. 2001. Multi-period harvest scheduling with non-deterministic yield predictions. Forestry Research Journal 2(2): 33-48.
- Parthama, I.B.P., C.W. Ramm, and L.A. Leefers. 2000. Growth and yield models for management of teak plantations. Forestry and Estate Crops Research Journal 1(2): 1-6.
- Conway, B.E., L.A. Leefers, and D.G. McCullough. 1999. Yield and financial losses associated with a jackpine budworm outbreak in Michigan and the implications for management. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 29: 382-392.
- White, E.M. and L.A. Leefers. 2007. Influence of natural amenities on residential property values in a rural setting. Society and Natural Resources 20: 659-667.
- Leefers, L.A., and K. Potter-Witter. 2006. Timber sale characteristics and competition for public lands stumpage: a case study from the Lake States. Forest Science 52(4): 460-467.
- Leefers, L.A. and N. Subedi. In press. Forest type classification accuracy assessment for Michigan’s state and national forests. Northern Journal of Applied Forestry.
- Leefers, L.A. and J.M. Vasievich. 2010. Timber Resources and Factors Affecting Timber Availability and Sustainability for Kinross, Michigan. Report prepared for the Feedstock Supply Chain Center of Energy Excellence. Kinross Project 2 Report, Version 3.0., East Lansing, MI: Michigan State University, Department of Forestry. 55 p.
- Vasievich, J. M. and L. A. Leefers. 2010. Timber Resources and Factors Affecting Timber Availability and Sustainability for Kinross, Michigan: Appendix. Report prepared for the Feedstock Supply Chain Center of Energy Excellence. Kinross Project 2 Report Appendix, Version 1.0. East Lansing, MI: Michigan State University, Department of Forestry. 57 p.
- Froese, R, B., M. Hyslop, C. Miller, B. Garmon, H. McDiarmid, Jr., A.Shaw, L. Leefers, M.Lorenzo, S. Brown, and M. Shy. 2007. Large-tract Forestland Ownership Change: Land Use, Conservation, and prosperity in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. Ann Arbor, MI: National Wildlif3e Federation. 54 p.
- Leefers, L.A. 2007. The U.P. economy and the role of the forest products industries. Michigan State University, Land Policy Institute Report 2007-07. 49 p.
- Nzokou, P. and L.A. Leefers. 2007. Costs and returns in Michigan Christmas tree production, 2006. Michigan State University Extension. MSUE Extension Bulletin E-2999. East Lansing, MI. 18 p.
- Leefers, L., K. Potter-Witter, and M. McDonough. 2003. Social and economic assessment for the Michigan national forests. 244 p. Report submitted to Hiawatha, Huron-Manistee, and Ottawa National Forests on July 25, 2003.
- Cleland, D.T., L.A. Leefers and D.I. Dickmann. 2001. Ecology and management of aspen: a Lake States perspective. In W.B. Shepperd, D. Binkley, D.L. Bartos, T.J. Stohlgren, and L.G. Eskew (comp.) Sustaining Aspen in Western Landscapes, Symposium Proceedings. USDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station RMRS-P-18. pp 81-99.
- Jones, D.M., Leefers, L.A., and M.R. Koelling. 1999. Changes in Production Costs for Scotch Pine - 1986 to 1997. Michigan Christmas Tree Journal 46 (Spring): 12-14