George E. Rossmiller
Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics
Former FacultyAEC/AFRE Faculty, 1965-1983
PhD., 1965. Michigan State University
M.S., 1962. Montana State University
B.S., 1956. Montana State University
Former Professor George E. Rossmiller, Department of Agricultural Economics worked from 1965 to 1983 at Michigan State University. He work on both domestic and international projects, with an emphasis on food and agricultural policy and international trade.
He was most recently Chief, Comparative Agricultural Development Service, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. He formerly held positions as Director, National Center for Food and Agricultural Policy, Resources for the Future; Executive Director, International Policy Council for Agriculture, Food and Trade; Senior Official, Foreign Agricultural Service, US Department of Agriculture.
- View list of advisees and respective theses/dissertations topics
- MSU Library
- USAID Development Experience Clearing House (DEC)
- Core Historical Literature of Agriculture (CHLA) Cornell University Library
- Books World Cat
- The Changing Environment for Agricultural Policy Implementation. A Symposium Presented at the Annual Conference of the Agricultural Economics Society, The University of Reading. 25-28 March 1998.
- Many a Slip: Studying Policy Delivery Systems . 1996. by Frances Sandiford and Ed Rossmiller. Paper presented at the Agricultural Economics Society Conference, University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, 27-30 March.
- Six Problems that Affect Agricultural Policy. 1992. Choices by G. E. Rossmiller
- Seeking Agricultural Competitiveness Through Trade Negotiations: Wanting Doesn’t Make it So. 1986. by George E. Rossmiller and M. Ann Tutwiler. National Center for Food and Agricultural Policy, Resources for the Future
- The National Agricultural Cooperative Federation of Korea. 1973. by John R. Brake, Carl F. Frost,Henery E. Larzelere, George E. Rossmiller, James D. Shaffer, and Vernon L. Sorenson. Korean Agricultural Sector Study Report No 1.
- Summary of Objectives - Activities and Accomplishments of the Agricultural Sector Analysis and Simulation Program:1967-1979. 1979. by Michael H. Abkin, Tom W. Carroll, Glenn L. Johnson, Thomas J. Manetsch, and George E. Rossmiller. Agricultural Economics Report 368. Michigan State University.
- Korea Agriculture Planning Project Final Report. 1977. by George E. Rossmiller, Director Korean Agricultural Planning Project. Final Report of the Korean Agricultural Planning Project - A Contract Between MSU and the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries of the Republic of Korea.
- Korean Agricultural Sector Analysis and Recommended Development Strategies, 1971-1985. 1972. by Korean Agricultural Sector Study Team - George E. Rossmiller, Field MSU/Korea Project Director. (large document-slow download)
- The Grain-Livestock Economy of West Germany; with Projections to 1970 and 1975. 1968. by George E. Rossmiller. Research Report No 1. Institute of International Agriculture - Food - Nutrition - Rural Development. Michigan State University. (large document - slow download)
- History of Extension Activities in the Department of Agricultural Economics atMSU.1968.
- MSU and Related Publication Series Which Professor Rossmiller Helped Develop at MSU Over his Tenure
- Agricultural Sector Analysis and Simulation Projects Publications. 1978.Seoul, Korea. Agricultural Economics and Research Institute, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, East Lansing, Dept. of Agricultural Economics, Michigan State University.
- Publications on the Potential Economic Impact of European Unity on U.S. agricultural Exports. 1968. Institute of International Agriculture, Michigan State University.
- Korean Agricultural Planning Project (KAPP). [1974 – 1977]
- Korean Agricultural Sector Simulation Model. [1971 – 1973]
- Korean Agricultural Sector Study (KASS) - Adapting and Testing of Agricultural Simulation Models to Sector Analysis. [1971 – 1976]
- Agriculture Sector Analysis and Simulation Projects – An Overview. [1966 – 1979]
- Assessment of Changes in the Grain-Livestock and Trade of the European Economic Community. [1965 – 1983]