Publications (View a listing of all Boughton’s publications on Googel Scholar sorted by year)
- Haggblade, Steven, J. Staatz, D. Boughton, B. Diallo, F. Meyer, and L.N. Traub. 2015. Regional Dimensions of South Africa’s CAADP Process: Lessons from West Africa. African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics Volume 10 (1), 32-50
- Haggblade, Steven, Duncan Boughton, Khin Mar Cho, Glenn Denning, Renate Kloeppinger-Todd, Zaw Oo, Tun Min Sandar, Tin Maung Than, Naw Eh Mwee Aye Wai, Shannon Wilson, Ngu Wah Win, Larry C. Y. Wong. 2014. Strategic Choices Shaping Agricultural Performance and Food Security in Myanmar. Journal of International Affairs 67(2) 55-71. Special issue on Global Food Security. Columbia University.
- Mather, David, Boughton, Duncan and Jayne, T.S. 2013. Explaining Smallholder Maize Marketing in Southern and Eastern Africa: The Roles of Market Access, Technology and Household Resource Endowments. Food Policy 43 (2013) 248-266.
- Tschirley, David L., Poulton, Colin, Gergely, Nicolas, Labaste, Patrick, Baffes, John, Boughton, Duncan H., and Estur, Gerald. 2010. Institutional Diversity and Performance in African Cotton Sectors. Development Policy Review 28 (3): 295-323.
- Staatz, John, Duncan Boughton and Cynthia Donovan. 2009. Food Security in Developing Countries. In Critical Food Issues Volume 1: Environment, Agriculture and Health, ed Laurel E. Phoenix. Pergamon Press.
- Boughton, Duncan and Colin Poulton. 2009. Cotton Research. In Organization and Performance of Cotton Subsectors in Africa: Learning From Reform Experience. Eds David Tschirley, Colin Poulton and Patrick Labaste. Washington, D.C.: The World Bank.
- David Tschirley, Issac Minde, and Duncan Boughton. 2009. Contract Farming in Sub-Saharan Africa: Lessons from Cotton on What Works and Under What Conditions. ReSAKKS Issues Brief No. 7. International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), Washington, DC.
- Boughton, Duncan, David Mather, Christopher B. Barrett, Rui Benfica, Danilo Abdula, David Tschirley and Benedito Cunguara. 2007. Market Participation by Rural Households in a Low-Income Country: An Asset-Based Approach Applied to Mozambique. Faith and Economics Vol 50:64-101.